Fishspy Firmware Updates
Here's the guide to download and update the firmware for your FishSpy.
Firmware Update 1.06 - This update will enable your FishSpy to use a "black and white mode" allowing for better contrast in low-light conditions.
1. Download the firmware here: FishspyFirmwareUpgradeSetup-v1_0_6.zip (4 MB, Microsft Windows 7 and higher). This zip file includes the installation software, and the latest Firmware (.dfu) file.
2. Extract the software from the Zip file and install it on your PC.
3. Ensure Fishspy is turned off.
4. Connect Fishspy via USB cable to PC.
5. Turn Fishspy on via the twist collar. This needs to be done between 0.5 and 2.5 seconds after connecting the USB cable, otherwise Fishspy will not enter Firmware upgrade mode.
6. If the correct sequence is executed, then the Fishspy will be ready to upgrade its firmware.
7. If this is the first time Fishspy is being upgraded, then the PC may take a few minutes to find and install the USB driver required. If no driver is found then navigate to the driver directory under the applications directory and install the appropriate driver for your system. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\BVG-Airflo\FishspyFirmwareUpgrade\Driver.
8. Once the driver is installed, the Fishspy upgrade tool should indicate that it is ready to upgrade with a green connected status, and the Upgrade Firmware button should be enabled.
9. Click the Upgrade Firmware button and select the new firmware file (.dfu) downloaded in the first step.
10. Fishspy will then upgrade its firmware.
11. Ensure Fishspy is not disconnected during the upgrade.
12. Once complete, disconnect Fishspy, turn it off for a few moments and then back on.
For more information and help, talke a look at our visual guide on the FishSpy blog.